welcome


| home - back to banknotes |

On this site, I will post all my other miscellaneous items which I have collected over the years. I can't say there are many but to some these are considered as junks or garbage but to me, it's a collectible. Some of these came from the family or through inheritance and that is why I am keeping them. Whilst my heading for this site is Australia Postal and Numismatic covers, I have stopped collecting them as to me, it is not that attractive to collect anymore. I hope you like them as much as I do.

If you see any blank spaces on this site, please remove the "http://" or "https://" on your URL and hit enter again. Thanks

"no borrowed scans here nor i cut and pasted from other web sites. all notes displaying here are mine"

15 February 2001

100 Years of Service $1

100 Years of Service $1 coin The Australian Army was formed on 1 March 1901 when the naval and military forces of each state were transformed on the control of the Commonwealth of Australia. Major General Sir Edward ‘Curly’ Hutton was chosen to head the Commonwealth forces. The new Australian Army’s first operational activity occurred in the Boer War and the first full-time force, the Australian Imperial Force (AIF), was formed in 1914 after outbreak of World War I. Australia’s first regular army, supplemented by the Citizen Military Force, was formed after World War II. Today the Army’s mission is “to serve the Nation by providing land forces to promote the security of Australia and protect its people and interests”

The cover shows the 13th Australian Light Horse in France 1918. The two stamps feature hoistorical and contemporary image of the Army. These include, on the historical stamp, scenes of the Army’s activities in World War II. The main image on the stamp illustrating the contemporary army is Trooper Jon Church in Rwanda in 1995 during a United Nations peacekeeping exercise. Trooper Church was tragically killed just a year later in the Townsville Black Hawk accident. The background features officers at Marangoroo Barracks, Lithgow NSW in 1997.

No comments:

Post a Comment