welcome


| home - back to banknotes |

On this site, I will post all my other miscellaneous items which I have collected over the years. I can't say there are many but to some these are considered as junks or garbage but to me, it's a collectible. Some of these came from the family or through inheritance and that is why I am keeping them. Whilst my heading for this site is Australia Postal and Numismatic covers, I have stopped collecting them as to me, it is not that attractive to collect anymore. I hope you like them as much as I do.

If you see any blank spaces on this site, please remove the "http://" or "https://" on your URL and hit enter again. Thanks

"no borrowed scans here nor i cut and pasted from other web sites. all notes displaying here are mine"

02 June 2003

EllR Coronation Golden Jubilee 50 cents

EllR Coronation Golden Jubilee, 50 cents coin

The coronation of Queen Elizabeth ll took place on 2 June 1953. Hundreds of thousands of people descended upon London for the coronation to watch the Queen ride from Buckingham Palace to Westminster Abbey in the ornate State or ‘Glass Coach’, preceded by a long processing. During the coronation ceremony, conducted by Archbishop of Canterbury, Elizabeth swore the coronation oath. She was then consecrated and crowned with the St Edward’s Crown – at which point trumpets sounded, the Abbey bells pealed, and guns at the Tower of London saluted. Across Britain and the Commonwealth bonfires were lit and street parties were held to celebrate the new monarch’s coronation.

No comments:

Post a Comment