welcome


| home - back to banknotes |

On this site, I will post all my other miscellaneous items which I have collected over the years. I can't say there are many but to some these are considered as junks or garbage but to me, it's a collectible. Some of these came from the family or through inheritance and that is why I am keeping them. Whilst my heading for this site is Australia Postal and Numismatic covers, I have stopped collecting them as to me, it is not that attractive to collect anymore. I hope you like them as much as I do.

If you see any blank spaces on this site, please remove the "http://" or "https://" on your URL and hit enter again. Thanks

"no borrowed scans here nor i cut and pasted from other web sites. all notes displaying here are mine"

23 February 2010

Australian Commonwealth Coinage 1910-2010

Australian Commonwealth Coinage 1910-2010 $1
In 1910, Australia issued coinage in its own right as legal tender for the entire country. The first coin issued comprises the florin, shilling, sixpence and threepence; the penny and halfpenny were released the following year. The coins were produced by the Royal Mint in London. King Edward Vll featured on the obverse of all denominations, the 1908 Australian coat of arms on the reverse. The King Edward portrait was engraved by George William de Saulles. Edward died soon after the first shipment of coins reached Australia, and his image was replaced by that of his successor, George V, and the 1911 coins.

No comments:

Post a Comment