welcome


| home - back to banknotes |

On this site, I will post all my other miscellaneous items which I have collected over the years. I can't say there are many but to some these are considered as junks or garbage but to me, it's a collectible. Some of these came from the family or through inheritance and that is why I am keeping them. Whilst my heading for this site is Australia Postal and Numismatic covers, I have stopped collecting them as to me, it is not that attractive to collect anymore. I hope you like them as much as I do.

If you see any blank spaces on this site, please remove the "http://" or "https://" on your URL and hit enter again. Thanks

"no borrowed scans here nor i cut and pasted from other web sites. all notes displaying here are mine"

28 April 2012

Christmas Island - 2012 Chinese New Year, Year of the Dragon $1 Coin & Miniature Sheet FDC

Christmas Island Year of the Dragon 2012 Miniature Sheet and A$1 Coin
The Dragon is the fifth sign in the Chinese Zodiac and symbolises sensitivity and bravery. Although the Dragon can fly and might be expected to have come first in the Zodiac race, he only achieved fifth position. Because of his generous nature, the Dragon stopped during the race to create rain to break s severe drought and then stopped again to help the Rabbit, a fellow competitor, by gently blowing him across the river on a raft. The stamps feature the calligraphic symbol for the Dragon and its pictorial derivation. Those born in the Year of the Dragon are generous, passionate, loyal and strong. On the negative side, they can be over bearing and demanding. Dragons make ideal artist, entertainers, diplomats and politicians. Famous Dragons include Ringo Starr and John Lennon, Dr. Seuss, Stanley Kubrick, Shirley Temple, Che Guevara, Salvador Dali and Vladimir Putin. dragon Years over the last century were 1904, 1916, 1928, 1940, 1952, 1964, 1976, 1988, 2000 and 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment